Year in Review
Every six months I like to look back over my year. I look for patterns and progress. Looking back helps me accelerate forward. It reminds me to celebrate and enjoy the process as well as making adjustments to keep me on track to achieving my goals. Here are some rapid-fire questions for you as you approach 2017. Look for pattern recognition, what are you learning about yourself? Where can you grow?
- What didn’t work?
- What worked?
- What were your favorite moments?
- What does 2017 look like if it’s FULL of what works?
- What do your favorite moments say about you?
What didn’t work?
The actual situations need to stay private but the learning reflection will make sense… hopefully
- I haven’t always handled well the uncertainty part of following my dreams. I am still learning to cultivate a state of contentment whether I’m in lack or abundance. Uncertainty can often make me want to run to the nearest exit door rather than just sit in the unknown and trust.
- Ignoring pain, I had some pretty painful things happen in 2016. When I avoided them, it made them worse. Tough conversations were required and I don’t think I always did that well. I can always grow in communication.
- Didn’t eat as healthy or exercise as much as I would have liked.
- Moving back to California for my 3rd year with no income. It has been proven another year in a row that my bank balance doesn’t dictate my future – faith does.
- Starting my internship as a Producer’s Assistant. I am blown away that someone upstairs know me better than I know myself. I have found the thing that makes me come alive and I get to do it every day – life goal achieved! Following my heart even when it looks risky has proven to be the safest path.
- Boundaries, knowing my yes and my no. Growing in true compassion for others and loving myself better.
- Los Angeles – the city of dreams – where some of my dreams have come true with some of my most treasured people
- Hanging out with my beloved parents during the American Summer/ Aussie Winter in Airlie Beach
- Spending time with my sister, laughing and crying and just being goofy.
- Time with my Family and friends when I was back in Melbourne
- Dinner parties with my best friends, great food, wine and conversations
- My Mum visiting me in California – her seeing my life and friends was awesome! Such a dream come true!
- Deeper spiritual experiences
- Starting my internship
- Taking acting classes again after 6 years!!
Upon reflection what will 2017 look like?
- Doing the things I know that work – being brave, taking risks and following my heart.
- I will finish my internship in May 2017
- Community, always great food, wine and great conversations – my friends and I will change the world, you just wait!! 🙂
- More love and more joy
- Writing, more writing…
- Embracing a healthier lifestyle – drink more water!
My favourite moments say that I love deep, real connection with people, travel, and being creative. This is what fills me up!
Image found on weheartit.com, inspired by daniellelaporte